Our Video Contest is Back and Better Than Ever
2017 Video Contest Info
Inspire others to save water or prevent water pollution by making a short newscast, skit, animation, commercial or even a music video. The winning films win $500 and will be broadcast on TV and at local movie theaters!
Your goal is to convince people to save and protect water. There are two video submission categories:
- Indoor and/or outdoor water saving tips
- Water pollution prevention tips
Additionally your video must:
- Be no longer than 26 seconds
- Be in English or Spanish or both
- See contest flyer for full video format guidelines
- The contest is open to high school and college aged students in Santa Cruz County.
- You may enter as an individual or a team.
- Please see contest flyer for full submission guidelines.
- Your video must be submitted no later than 12:00 am (midnight) on March 27, 2017 by completing the following steps:
- Each student must submit an official entry form to enter the contest. Submit an online entry form now or download, print and mail a paper entry form to Soquel Creek Water District Attn: Vai, 5180 Soquel Drive, Soquel, CA 95073 (must be postmarked by March 27, 2017).
- Upload your video to YouTube (at high definition) and share the link with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a signed parent/guardian release form. Download now and submit via email or print and mail to addresses above (must be postmarked by March 27, 2017).
Judging and Prize Info:
The winning videos will be notified within a week of the submission deadline and shown at an award ceremony in May and throughout the summer on KION TV channel 5 and 46 -KION, Watsonville Channel 70, and Green Valley Cinema.
- There will be six winning videos selected.
- First place will receive $500
- Second place will receive $350
- Judges will be looking for incorporation of the theme, impact, creativity, informational accuracy, and entertainment value.
Need More Information?
Contact Vai at Soquel Creek Water District by phone 831- 475-8501 ext. 142 or by email email@example.com
Soquel Creek Water District, Scotts Valley Water District, San Lorenzo Water District, Santa Cruz County, City of Santa Cruz, City of Watsonville, Pajaro Valley Water Management Agency, and Central Water District
Media Sponsor: KION TV News Channel 5 – Telemundo 23 – Central Coast
These talented and creative Santa Cruz County youth created impressive videos that inspire water conservation and prevent pollution in our creeks and rivers.
First Place Water Saving Tip: Created by Jose Paredes from Watsonville High School Video Academy. View on YouTube
First Place Water Saving Tip in Spanish: Created by Josefina Lopez, Rosalidia Larios, and Rachel Delozier, and actors are Jesus Lopez and Josefina Lopez. View on YouTube
First Place Pollution Prevention Tip: Created by Leslie Lopez, and Beatriz Solis, and actors are Juan Lopez and Miss Honey. View on YouTube
Second Place Water Saving Tip: Created by Cameron Brown and Daniel Johnson from San Lorenzo Valley High School. View on YouTube
Second Place Water Pollution Prevention Tip in Spanish: Created by Jose Diaz, Montserrat Abrego and Nohely Quintano from Watsonville High Video Academy. View on YouTube
Honorable mention goes to Toni Mills, Anna Rubin, acted by Claire Pollard and Allan Tirado from Kirby High School. View on YouTube
2015 Video Contest Winners
Thank you to all the students who submitted videos!
The 2015 Contest featured video PSAs made by high schools students that inspired water conservation in two categories: indoor and outdoor water saving tips.
And the winners are…..
Outdoor water saving tip 1: Greg Wilkinson, Nick LaPlaca, Celeste Ventura and Marcus Solbes-Moran from Aptos High. Click here to view the PSA.
Outdoor water saving tip 2: Christian Tabag, Eli Naranjo and Kingston Prieto from Watsonville High. Click here to view the PSA.
Indoor water saving tip 1: Ariel Puga, Thalia Gonzalez, Najette Lopez, Anissa Balderas from Watsonville High. Click here to view the PSA.
Indoor water saving tip 2: Geneva Burkhardt from Kirby High. Click here to view the PSA.
Indoor water saving tip 3: Xochi Chavez, Claudia Villata and John Vargas from Watsonville High. Click here to view the PSA.
Indoor water saving tip runner up: Erick Brigham, Scott Choi, Amador Meza from Watsonville High. Click here to view the PSA.
Indoor water saving tip runner up: Anthony Chavez, Daniel Amaya from Watsonville High. Click here to view the PSA.
View all the winning videos below.