Find a Water Saving Event Near You
The Water Coalition of Santa Cruz County sponsors a variety of workshops for Santa Cruz County residents. These workshops cover water-saving techniques and conservation principles to help preserve and protect our most valuable resource. For more information and to register for workshops, search on the calendar links below.
- This event has passed.
Common Core, NGSS Science and Water Education Workshop
February 20, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm$10
Learn how teach to the Common Core (CCSS) and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) by using the California Education and the Environment Initiative Curriculum (EEI) and the Project WET (Water Education for Teachers) Curriculum and Activity Guide. This is a hands on workshop for K-12 teachers.
- Lunch and curriculum will be provided.
- Optional 0.6 continuing education credit available from CSU San Marcos for $20.
- Please make checks payable to Soquel Creek Water District and mail to Soquel Creek Water District Attn: Vai Campbell 5180 Soquel Dr. Soquel, CA 95073
- Sponsored by Outdoor Science School
- Project WET: K-12th grade activity guide that specializes in interdisciplinary, hands-on lessons about water. Revised full color edition with online activities and aligned to Common Cores standards.
- California EEI: This California State Board of Education approved K-12th grade curriculum uses environmental topics to meet current CA Science and History-Social Science standards. All units also include new correlations to CCSS for English Language Arts and the newly adopted Next Generation Science Standards. All workshop attendees will receive free EEI class sets.
- Watershed Cruzin’: An Activity Guide to Santa Cruz County Watersheds teaches classroom and field-based science activities for 4th-12th grades to help students explore their local watersheds.
- Our Water Works in Santa Cruz County, An Activity Book About Our Fresh Water Resources: Through activities, drawings, poetry and math problems, this booklet tells the Santa Cruz County water story. Watershed map included.
- Amity Sandage, CREEC Coordinator
- Vai Campbell, Soquel Creek Water District
- Tami Stolzenthaler, City of Watsonville
Questions? Contact Amity Sandage firstname.lastname@example.org or (831) 466-5711