Find a Water Saving Event Near You
The Water Coalition of Santa Cruz County sponsors a variety of workshops for Santa Cruz County residents. These workshops cover water-saving techniques and conservation principles to help preserve and protect our most valuable resource. For more information and to register for workshops, search on the calendar links below.
- This event has passed.
Green Gardener Certification Program
February 1, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$100.00
The Green Gardener Certification Program is a bilingual class that teaches landscaping professionals new skills to use water efficiently, reduce the use of pesticides, and protect water quality in their clients’ gardens. Students learn from green industry experts and practice skills in an outdoor classroom.
Class is held at 294 Green Valley Road, Watsonville on Wednesdays, from 6:30-8:30 pm. The course runs January 25 to March 29 plus three Saturdays, 9am-noon, February 4 and 25, and March 4. The course and certification only costs $100 per person!
Businesses that employ Certified Green Gardeners benefit by:
- Competing better in the professional landscaping industry
- Helping your clients save water and money
- Receiving free promotion by local water agencies and get your business listed on www.green-gardener.org
- Creating a healthier work environment for yourself and your employees
- Receiving discounts from local landscape supply businesses
Course topics include:
- Landscape Maintenance Skills Laboratory
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Right Plant Right Place & Climate-Appropriate Plant Selection
- Soil Health
- Mulches & Compost
- Fertilizers and Grass Cycling
- Natural Pruning
- Soil and Water Relationship
- Irrigation Scheduling
- Irrigation System Troubleshooting & Efficient Irrigation Technologies
- Air Quality, Successful Landscape Business Practices
Requirements for Green Gardener Certification
- Class Participants must be present for at least 80% of the class series.
- Completion of the final exam.
- Certification and promotion is for individual gardeners.
Register online at www.wascae.pvusd.net or call or visit Watsonville/Aptos/Santa Cruz Adult Education located at 294 Green Valley Rd. Watsonville, CA 95076 or (831) 786-2160