Find a Water Saving Event Near You
The Water Coalition of Santa Cruz County sponsors a variety of workshops for Santa Cruz County residents. These workshops cover water-saving techniques and conservation principles to help preserve and protect our most valuable resource. For more information and to register for workshops, search on the calendar links below.
- This event has passed.
Laundry to Landscape: Hands-on Greywater Recycling Installation Workshop
July 28 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$85.00
With our warmest months approaching it’s a great time to plan for ways to water your landscaping or garden as efficiently as possible. This class gives participants information about how to use, re-purpose and redirect your laundry wastewater for landscape and garden irrigation, and get hands-on experience installing a system in a residential setting.
The morning (9am to noon) will be spent in a classroom covering:
- code requirements,
- greywater compatible products and plants,
- greywater parts and materials identification,
- how to calculate irrigation field size and plant water requirements,
- how to construct a mulch basin,
- how to create a design for your system,
- how to maintain your greywater system.
The afternoon (1-4 pm) will be spent at an installation site (a local resident/volunteer’s home) where students will get to:
- participate in an installation with the instructor
- a chance to work with all of the materials and tools
- talk through some of the real-life challenges that come up with each unique installation
Students should bring gloves and their favorite digging tool, a lunch, sunscreen, and a water bottle!
Please note: the workshop starts at 9am, but please arrive by 8:45am to check in. We will take a break from noon-1pm for lunch and travel to our installation site.