Find a Water Saving Event Near You
The Water Coalition of Santa Cruz County sponsors a variety of workshops for Santa Cruz County residents. These workshops cover water-saving techniques and conservation principles to help preserve and protect our most valuable resource. For more information and to register for workshops, search on the calendar links below.
- This event has passed.
Laundry-to-Landscape Hands-On Installation Workshop
March 19, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$20.00
This class gives participants information and a hands-on experience installing a laundry to landscape system, which re-purposes water which was previously considered waste water and can now be redirected for landscape and garden irrigation. Classroom Instruction at the first half of the day will cover code requirements, graywater compatible products and plants, graywater parts and materials identification , calculating irrigation field size and plant water requirements, mulch basin construction, creating a design for your system and maintaining your graywater system.
- After lunch we will travel to the workshop installation site (a local resident’s home) to complete an installation.
- Please bring a lunch, sunscreen & a water bottle!
- 9 am-Noon Classroom instruction
- Noon-1 pm Lunch break
- 1 pm-4 pm Hands-on installation demonstration
- Register by Feb. 29: $20
- Register after Feb. 29: $25