Water Districts Working Together
The Water Conservation Coalition is a partnership between all the larger water agencies in Santa Cruz County as well as the County Environmental Health Department, Ecology Action and other groups who share a passion for water conservation. Our goal is to combine efforts and share resources to provide a common message about water conservation issues to residents throughout Santa Cruz County. Our County is a special place because ALL of our water supply comes from rain that falls within our County boundaries, making conservation a top priority. Though each water district gets drinking water from different sources, we all share a common goal and work together to protect water resources in our aquifers and watersheds and continue to provide safe, high quality drinking water to all who live, work and play in Santa Cruz County.
The sponsor agencies include (in order of population):
- City of Santa Cruz Water Conservation Department
- County of Santa Cruz Environmental Health Department
- City of Watsonville Public Works Department
- Soquel Creek Water District
- San Lorenzo Valley Water District
- Scotts Valley Water District
- Pajaro Valley Water Management Agency
- Central Water District
Other participating members in Water Conservation Coalition projects include:
- University of California Santa Cruz Sustainability Office
- Ecology Action
- Monterey Bay Master Gardeners
WaterSavingTips.org is a water conservation education site hosted by the Water Conservation Coalition of Santa Cruz County water agencies. This website provides general water conservation tips for households, announces water conservation events open to the public and provides water conservation information that may be helpful to residents in Santa Cruz County.