It’s Time For Our Annual Video Contest
The contest is open to high school and college students in
Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties. We can’t wait to see what you come up with.
2018 Video Contest Info
Inspire others to save water or prevent water pollution by making a short newscast, skit, animation, commercial or even a music video. The winning films will earn fabulous prizes and be broadcast on TV and at local movie theaters!
Your goal is to create a high quality video that convinces people to save and protect water. Choose from one of these video submission categories:
- Inspire residents and/or businesses to take one specific action that conserves water or prevents pollution to our water supply.
- Tell a story about a resident or business that has taken action to conserve our water resources.
- Create visual representation of how much water is saved by taking a specific water conservation action.
- 26 seconds long
- English, Spanish, or both
- See the contest flyer for full video format guidelines.
- The contest is open to high school and college aged students throughout Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties.
- You may enter as an individual or a team.
- Your video must be submitted no later than 12:00 am (midnight) on Tuesday April 10, 2018 by completing the following steps:
- Upload your video to YouTube (at high definition).
- Each team must submit an online entry form to enter the contest.
Judging and Prize Info:
The winning videos will be announced and shown at the awards ceremony in April. Winning videos will also be broadcast throughout the summer on KION TV channel 5 and 46 -KION, Watsonville Channel 70, and Green Valley Cinema.
- First Place Prize: $500, Second Place Prize $300
- Judges will be looking for incorporation of the theme, impact, creativity, informational accuracy, and entertainment value.
Need More Information?
Contact Vai at Soquel Creek Water District by phone 831- 475-8501 ext. 142 or by email email@example.com
The Water Conservation Coalition of Santa Cruz County
Media Sponsor: KION TV News Channel 5 – Telemundo 23 – Central Coast
Check out the winning videos from previous years.
|All 2017 winning videos||“Water Flows”
Created by Jackson Moore, Charlie Diosdado
and Noel Noguez from Harbor High School.
|All 2016 winning videos||“Don’t Sleep on Leaks”
Created by Jose Paredes
from Watsonville High School
|All 2015 winning videos||“Know and Slow Your Flow”
Created by Greg Wilkinson, Nick LaPlaca,
Celeste Ventura and Marcus Solbes-Moran
from Aptos High School