2019 Save Water Video Contest
It’s almost time for our 2019 Save Water Video Contest to get underway. The contest is open to high school and college students across the Monterey Bay Area to submit 26 second PSA style videos that inspire water conservation and pollution prevention. Video submissions are due by midnight on April 17, 2019. More details will be announced in December 2018.
If you’re feeling inspired and want to start brainstorming you can read the 2018 Contest guidelines below or watch winning videos from the last four competitions.
|All 2018 winning videos||“Wasting Water Drives Me Crazy”
Created by Katie Small from Cabrillo College.
|All 2017 winning videos||“Water Flows”
Created by Jackson Moore, Charlie Diosdado
and Noel Noguez from Harbor High School.
|All 2016 winning videos||“Don’t Sleep on Leaks”
Created by Jose Paredes
from Watsonville High School
|All 2015 winning videos||“Know and Slow Your Flow”
Created by Greg Wilkinson, Nick LaPlaca,
Celeste Ventura and Marcus Solbes-Moran
from Aptos High School
2018 Video Contest Guidelines
Inspire others to save water or prevent water pollution by making a short newscast, skit, animation, commercial or even a music video. The winning films will earn fabulous prizes and be broadcast on TV and at local movie theaters!
Your goal is to create a high quality video that convinces people to save and protect water. Choose from one of these video submission categories:
- Inspire residents and/or businesses to take one specific action that conserves water or prevents pollution to our water supply.
- Tell a story about a resident or business that has taken action to conserve our water resources or prevent water pollution.
- Create a visual representation of how much water is saved by taking a specific water conservation action.
- 26 seconds long
- English, Spanish, or both
- Find the full format specifications here.
- The contest is open to high school and college aged students throughout Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties.
- You may enter as an individual or a team.
- Your video must be submitted no later than 12:00 am (midnight) on Tuesday April 10, 2018 by completing the following steps:
- Upload your video to YouTube (at high definition).
- Submit one online entry form per team or video.
Judging and Prize Info:
The winning videos will be announced and shown at the awards ceremony in April. Winning videos will also be broadcast throughout the summer on KION TV channel 5 and 46 -KION, Watsonville Channel 70, and Green Valley Cinema.
- Six First Place Videos will get a $500 prize, Two Honorable Mention Videos will get a $350 prize
- Judges will be looking for incorporation of the theme, impact, creativity, informational accuracy, and entertainment value.
Help Spread the Word:
Tell your friends, or share our Video Contest Flyer with your teacher or classmates.
Need More Information?
For Santa Cruz County contact Vai 831- 475-8501 ext. 142
For Monterey County contact Rachel (831) 645-4623
By email VideoContest@WaterSavingTips.org