It’s Time For Our Annual Video Contest
The contest is open to high school and college students in
Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties. We can’t wait to see what you come up with.
2018 Video Contest Info
Inspire others to save water or prevent water pollution by making a short newscast, skit, animation, commercial or even a music video. The winning films will earn fabulous prizes and be broadcast on TV and at local movie theaters!
Your goal is to convince people to save and protect water. There are two video submission categories:
- Indoor and/or outdoor water saving tips
- Water pollution prevention tips
Additionally your video must:
- Be no longer than 26 seconds
- Be in English or Spanish or both
- The contest flyer with full video format guidelines will be released in January 2018.
- The contest is open to high school and college aged students throughout Santa Cruz and MontereyCounties.
- You may enter as an individual or a team.
- Your video must be submitted no later than 12:00 am (midnight) on Friday March 30, 2018 by completing the following steps:
- Upload your video to YouTube (at high definition).
- Each team must submit an online entry form to enter the contest.
Judging and Prize Info:
The winning videos will be announced on April 10th and shown at the awards ceremony in late April. Winning videos will also be broadcast throughout the summer on KION TV channel 5 and 46 -KION, Watsonville Channel 70, and Green Valley Cinema.
- Prizes will be announced in January 2018.
- Judges will be looking for incorporation of the theme, impact, creativity, informational accuracy, and entertainment value.
Need More Information?
Contact Vai at Soquel Creek Water District by phone 831- 475-8501 ext. 142 or by email email@example.com
The Water Conservation Coalition of Santa Cruz County and the Monterey County Water Awareness Committee.
Media Sponsor: KION TV News Channel 5 – Telemundo 23 – Central Coast
Need some inspiration?
Consider these hot topics for your video theme:
- Install a rain catchment tank to water the garden
- Install a greywater Laundry to Landscape system to water the garden
- How low can you go? Retrofit toilets and shower heads to low flow
- No flushable wipes down the toilet
- Plant drought tolerant plants
- Mulch your garden to prevent run off and water loss
Check out the winning videos from previous years.
|All 2017 winning videos||“Water Flows”
Created by Jackson Moore, Charlie Diosdado
and Noel Noguez from Harbor High School.
|All 2016 winning videos||“Don’t Sleep on Leaks”
Created by Jose Paredes
from Watsonville High School
|All 2015 winning videos||“Know and Slow Your Flow”
Created by Greg Wilkinson, Nick LaPlaca,
Celeste Ventura and Marcus Solbes-Moran
from Aptos High School