2019 Save Water Video Contest
Video Contest Guidelines
The 5th Annual Save Water Video Contest is here. Inspire others to save water or prevent water pollution by making a short newscast, skit, animation, commercial or even a music video. The winning films will earn $500 and be broadcast on TV and online!
Your goal is to create a high-quality video that convinces people to save and protect water by learning more about this year’s theme, Water Wise Gardening. Choose from one of these video submission categories:
- Inspire residents and/or businesses to take one or two specific actions that conserve water or prevents pollution in our gardens. See the Monterey Bay Friendly Landscaping Program for ideas.
- Tell a story about a resident or business that has taken action in their landscape to conserve our water resources or prevent water pollution. See these transformed landscapes for ideas of sites to feature.
- Create a visual representation of how much water is saved by being water wise in the garden. Create an infographic, an animated video or use special effects to convey data about the water saved using Water Wise Gardening techniques.
This slide show about the video contest gives you tons of inspirational information for your video. It focuses on water saving strategies in the garden that our local water agencies have prioritized as the most effective actions locals can take.
- Content = 26 seconds long + 4 seconds of credits
- English, Spanish, or both
- Find the full media specifications and contest rules here.
- The contest is open to high school and college students throughout Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties.
- You may enter as an individual or a team.
- Your video must be submitted no later than 12:00 am (midnight) on Tuesday April 17, 2019 by completing the following steps:
- Upload your video to YouTube (at high definition).
- Submit one online entry form per team or video.
Judging and Prize Info:
The winning videos will be announced and may be shown at awards ceremonies in April or May at your sponsoring agency. Winning videos will also be broadcast throughout the summer on local TV stations.
- Top prizes get $500 to split evenly between the production crew.
- Judges will be looking for incorporation of the theme (Water Wise Gardening), impact, creativity, informational accuracy, and entertainment value.
Help Spread the Word:
Tell your friends, or share our Video Contest Flyer with your teacher or classmates.
Need More Information?
For Santa Cruz County contact Vai 831- 475-8501 ext. 142
For Monterey County contact Rachel (831) 645-4623
By email VideoContest@WaterSavingTips.org